Get Inspired, Be Empowered › Forums › Access to Healthcare › Reproductive Health & Rights › Taking Care of Yourself on Your Period – Menstrual Hygiene › Reply To: Taking Care of Yourself on Your Period – Menstrual Hygiene
Mensural hygiene is one of the lacking factors in our medical facilities that most of the biological problems related to women are caused due to a lack of mensural health knowledge. Every woman gets her period four to five days a month. While it may not be a regular experience, but it should definitely not come in the way of your normal life. There have been incidents of women running marathons and climbing mountains while on their period! It is a completely natural process that occurs every month and which can be easily borne with rest, the right menstrual hygiene tools, and medication in case of painful periods. Here are some tips for mensural hygiene-
1. Try not to utilize cushions or tampons for long. Numerous ladies wrongly utilize a sterile cushion or tampon for seemingly forever. This is a conceivably unsafe practice. When the feminine blood leaves the body, it starts to deteriorate continuously. Keeping the pre-owned cushion near the vaginal region and skin for extensive stretches of time opens the region to bacterial contamination and tingling. Tampons, particularly, ought not to be left inside the body for over four hours to forestall harmful stun conditions. Clear out space as trained in the point above prior to changing the cushion or tampon.
2. Keep the pubic region clean. Feminine periods can be chaotic. It doesn’t help on the off chance that you have pubic hair that traps a portion of the blood as it streams out of the body. Additionally, it can cause contaminations with lacking day-by-day cleaning. Before your period starts, cut your pubic hair as near the skin as could really be expected. At the point when your period begins, make a point to take a wash double a day with Dettol germicide fluid blended in warm water. Dry out space with clean tissue paper, polishing off with spongy bath powder to forestall scraping and rashes.
3. Rest and get up to speed with rest. You may get sleepy and feel dull during your period. Unwind – this is only your body’s method of advising you to rest as your period goes on. You can snooze, read in bed, enjoy your adoration for desserts and chocolate, and by and large doing every one of the things that you don’t possess the energy for something else.
4. Focus on eating right. It’s pretty entirely expected to want carbs and sweet food varieties as your period approaches, yet these can cause your energy levels to crash while additionally adding to the state of mind swings, swelling, and water maintenance.
5. In spite of the fact that you may assume control of over-the-counter medication to calm your cramp issues, it’s anything but a solitary arrangement. A recent report revealed that few ladies found that utilizing a warming cushion was similarly pretty much as powerful as ibuprofen in easing their feminine torment.  Applying warmth to influenced regions can help unwind and lessen strain in the stomach muscles. It can likewise advance bloodstream and dispose of growing nearby.  So at whatever point you have some personal time previously or after class, consider getting yourself something hot!