Get Inspired, Be Empowered Forums Gender Justice Should women stay at home?

17 replies, 18 voices Last updated by Drashti Mehta 9 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Shubhangini Shaktawat
    Participant
    @shaktawat9
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

Should women stay at home?
    As a girl, I have faced multiple issues in my life of 18 years. I have been loved and despised. I have won and lost, loved and lost. I have been through the highs and lows of life as a girl, now a woman. The worst thing in my life that I have faced other than losing people is, being punished for something that has never happened; being kept at home without permission to go out. Every time I wanted to go out, I was prevented. Just asking for permission used to be a task for me. I started to sweat in my palms as soon as my friends asked me to take permission from my parents to go out and meet them. I could not even go out shopping unchaperoned. I either had my mother along with me or my brother. They never let me go out alone or with my friends. I thought I was young which was probably why they were worried about me. But, gradually I grew up and this situation prevailed. It started to feel like a punishment for some crime I had never even committed. At times I spoke up, but later it just started making me feel hopeless.
    I’m 18 now and still cannot go out. Why? Why should women stay at home? Even for married and grown up women. Why should they stay at home? Why should they give up their careers to take care of their children and stay at home all the while their husbands or male family-members would work and stay out? It is absolutely wrong for people to expect women to stay at home. It is their right to go wherever they want, do whatever they want, be whoever they want. The society has no rights to impose limitations on women. This is clear misogyny and no worry or care for women. If criminal-minded and sick-minded men are what the society is scared of, they need to be changed and they need to be held captive, not women. Let us just break stereotypes because now, women are not going to keep shut and act fragile. Let us all speak up against this pro-men society and make it a place where men and women are all considered equal. Let us make this world a better place not only for men, but also women. Women will not stay at home anymore.
    A woman myself,
    Shubhangini Shaktawat

Manpreet Singh
    Participant
    @manpreet
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Ask individuals about their mothers’ stay at home (SAHM) and a variety of responses are available. They are lazy. They are lazy. They make their life’s best choice. They don’t play a part in society. They sacrifice a lot to stay home and feed their children daily. Opinions on mothers staying at home to raise their children are not lacking. What does research indicate, however? You may be surprised by the top seven results of studies into moms staying at home. A study in 2014 indicated that a parent’s benefits continue beyond a child’s early life. 1 In the study, 68,000 children were measured in educational performance. They have seen an upsurge in the performance of school children throughout high school. Children 6 and 7 years old were the most educationally sensitive to their research. Most home-school children also have a parent at home to teach them. A compilation of studies carried out by the National Home Education Research Institute provides a series of facts that, for educational reasons, highlight the value of a parent.
    Research in 2015 indicated that moms spent too long with their children. 4 Pressures by Mommy Wars make it feel that moms stay at home is not a worthy member of society and that working mums feel that their time with their children is insufficient. While in the 2015 study, mothers spend too much time with children without scientifically verified results, a Highland Spring survey of 2,000 families found that parents spend only 34 minutes each day with children on the stressful side of everyday life.
    Regardless of whether you’re working or staying home, stop feeling like a parent is failing. Society pressures make the mothers feel that if they are carrying a paint bag or a briefcase throughout the day they cannot win. Research is just research when it comes to it. In the end, what matters most to you and your family. It is not true that everyone can choose whether to stay at home or work but research is not able to tell you what is happening in your family precisely. Make the best decision for you and don’t worry about what your stranger, neighbor, or mother-in-law is thinking.

Afshan Iqbal
    Participant
    @afshan
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Earlier women were not even allowed to step outside their homes alone so just forget about working outside. Our society has failed as a whole to provide women equality and to eradicate patriarchy from the lives of women. Women aren’t allowed to work outside their homes. They are forced to be a homemaker and kill their dreams and passions because of the fact that women are expected to be working at their homes, taking care of their families but times have changed and no matter how much this society has tried to push women down they have risen up and showed the world that they are capable of anything. Now times have changed and it’s not just a man’s world anymore. Women are making an impact in every field and they are leading in every way. There is no place where we find women any less than men. So, it’s very important to lift women and give them the well-deserved positions that society has always ignored just because of their gender. Women were always supposed to work at home and the fact that women are working outside homes is still not digested by society. When a woman is seen doing a job, the one question that pops up in everyone’s mind is “How will she manage?”. People start assuming that a working woman won’t be able to manage her personal and professional life and will be bad in either of them. People start judging her and make a prior conception that she is a bad wife/mother/daughter-in-law/employee etc. Women also may face career problems because of stereotypes that they are more family-oriented and less committed to their careers. Women have always preferred to be a homemaker because of the fear of other people’s judgment. A woman has to compromise and kill her dreams just because a random stranger or her own family judges her and points a finger at her character. This is not how this world will prosper, this is only a matter of great concern. If a woman has to sit at home and only do household work by killing her dreams just because of someone’s opinion then this is not just a woman’s loss but the loss of everyone in our society. We need to make sure as a society that no woman stays at home and takes care only of the household by compromising her career.

Aditi Sahu
    Participant
    @aditi
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

In the olden times it was a norm for women to stay at home and do all the household chores and take care of the children. Just because something was a norm in the past, doesn’t in any way mean that it should remain like it in the present and continue in the future. So to simply answer the question whether women should stay at home, the answer would be a big NO. Be it men or women, everyone should be allowed to do whatever kinds of job they want to do. Both men and women should be financially independent, and should not be judged for the kinds of profession they choose to pursue.

India has been a free country for years now, but the freedom to choose what do in life is not given to many, especially women. It’s the demand of the hour for us to be less judgemental when it comes to what women want to do in their life. In fact, we as a society should encourage the women to be financially independent and pursue challenging careers in their lives.

038 deepika Singh
    Participant
    @038-deepika
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

President Obama made a headline in the year 2014 with what he said: “Just Say No to Stay-at-home Moms”. With what Obama said, what do you think of women working outside and managing the responsibilities of their family at the same time? Most women working outside are ridiculed for not doing their part as a mother or a wife. The prime factor behind this is the socio- cultural ideologies of our society. Our society expects women to do all the house chores and look after their family. They are more likely to be married even before they turn eighteen. And as women enter a workplace they are already entering an unequal landscape that has been traditionally believed to be ruled by men. There is prejudice treatment against them at the time of hiring. They are judged on the basis of their marital status. They are even paid much less than men despite being on the same position and doing the same kind of job. Pay raise or training opportunities are some other issues faced by women at work. Problems like sexual harassment have become so common at workplaces that often women tend to ignore such treatments and do not report it due to the lack of support. They are often denied promotions being labelled as ‘women’- inefficient than men. All these practices preaches the idea of a woman limited to being a mere ‘housewife’ serving her family.
    Women are capable of working, earing, looking after their family, children and managing their household and I believe that the decision of working outside or staying at home should be left in their hands. If women have the passion for being housewives, they should go for it, if not then they should be able to choose what they want for themselves.

ayush verma
    Participant
    @ayush_1
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

The question of whether women should stay at home or pursue careers is a complex and multifaceted issue, influenced by cultural, social, and personal factors. It requires a sensitive approach, recognizing that individual circumstances and choices vary greatly. In modern society, women have made significant strides in gender equality, gaining access to education, careers, and independent lives. However, it is crucial to acknowledge that the decision to stay at home or work outside the home should ultimately be based on personal choice, rather than societal expectations or gender stereotypes. Women, like men, possess diverse skills, talents, and aspirations. Many find fulfillment and satisfaction in pursuing careers and professional goals, contributing to their personal growth, financial independence, and empowerment. Women’s contributions in various fields have driven social progress and fostered diversity in the workplace. On the other hand, some women may choose to stay at home to focus on raising children, managing the household, or supporting their families in other ways. This choice should be respected and valued, as it allows women to prioritize their family life and create a nurturing environment for their children. Advocating for women’s choice to stay at home does not devalue their potential in the workforce. It is about recognizing and respecting the diversity of women’s choices, ensuring they are not constrained by societal pressures or gender expectations. Equal opportunities should be available for women in education, employment, and advancement, enabling them to make informed decisions based on their circumstances and aspirations. Creating an inclusive society means supporting and respecting women’s choices, whether they decide to stay at home or pursue careers. This can be achieved through implementing policies that offer flexible work arrangements, affordable childcare options, and promoting gender equality in the workplace. By doing so, women can make choices aligned with their values, aspirations, and responsibilities, fostering a more equitable society. In conclusion, whether women stay at home or pursue careers is a personal decision that should not be imposed by societal norms. Women should have the freedom to choose what is best for themselves, their families, and their personal fulfillment. Striving for gender equality means creating an inclusive society that supports and respects women’s choices, whether they decide to stay at home or engage in professional pursuits. Embracing diversity and empowering women are essential for achieving true equality and social progress.

The query of whether girls ought to stay at home or pursue careers is a complicated and multifaceted problem, influenced with the aid of cultural, social, and private elements. It requires a touchy technique, recognizing that individual circumstances and selections range significantly. In present day society, women have made huge strides in gender equality, having access to education, careers, and impartial lives. However, it is important to well known that the selection to live at domestic or paintings outside the house must in the long run be based on private desire, in preference to societal expectancies or gender stereotypes. Women, like men, possess various abilties, abilities, and aspirations. Many discover fulfillment and pleasure in pursuing careers and expert goals, contributing to their private increase, financial independence, and empowerment. Women’s contributions in various fields have driven social progress and fostered variety inside the place of work. On the alternative hand, a few girls may also pick out to live at domestic to attention on raising kids, managing the household, or supporting their households in other ways. This choice must be reputable and valued, as it allows women to prioritize their circle of relatives existence and create a nurturing surroundings for his or her kids. Advocating for girls’s preference to live at domestic does no longer devalue their capacity within the staff. It is ready spotting and respecting the variety of women’s picks, making sure they’re not confined with the aid of societal pressures or gender expectancies. Equal opportunities must be to be had for girls in training, employment, and development, enabling them to make knowledgeable selections based on their instances and aspirations. Creating an inclusive society method supporting and respecting girls’s choices, whether or not they decide to stay at home or pursue careers. This can be accomplished through enforcing policies that offer bendy work preparations, inexpensive childcare alternatives, and selling gender equality in the place of business. By doing so, ladies can make alternatives aligned with their values, aspirations, and obligations, fostering a extra equitable society. In conclusion, whether or not women stay at home or pursue careers is a personal selection that need to not be imposed by way of societal norms. Women ought to have the liberty to select what is high-quality for themselves, their households, and their private fulfillment. Striving for gender equality method creating an inclusive society that helps and respects women’s alternatives, whether they decide to live at domestic or interact in expert hobbies. Embracing variety and empowering girls are crucial for reaching actual equality and social development

ARYAN RAJESH SHAH
    Participant
    @aryan-rajesh
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

NO, Not at all,
    Women should not be expected to stay home and forgo their careers or look after their children.
    Working moms have set an excellent example in the society that women can achieve great successes and also handle household as well as their children.
    Working mothers are as involved as any other mother in their child’s life.
    Gender roles have dramatically changed now, women are now better educated and has excelled their work domain.
    The best example of working women is Mrs. Radha Vembu, the co-founder of ZOHO Corporation,
    Today she is the majority stakeholder and the decision maker of her company.
    She is an indian billionaire business woman graduated from IIT Madras who now excelled her career and is touching different heights.
    She is considered as an invisible success of her company.
    Radha Vembu has managed to position the product among the top five business e-mail providers globally, competing with Microsoft and Google.
    Another brilliant living example of working woman is Mrs.Roshni Nadar, Chairperson of HCL TECHNOLOGIES,
    She is the first woman to lead a public listed IT company.
    Today she is considered as the richest woman in India.
    She is now the mother of her two children as well as a leading businesswomen in the country.
    This is the excellent example why women should not stay home and forgo their careers instead they should take step forward and pursue their careers and excel in every fields.
    Wasting the talent is the hinderance to countries development as women are considered to be more talented than men.

Drashti Mehta
    Participant
    @drashti
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

SHOULD WOMEN STAY AT HOME?
    Women are human beings with the same rights and freedoms as men, the only answer should be “only if they have chosen to do so.” Some women may choose to stay at home with their children while others may prefer to work outside the home. Different women have different aspirations, goals, and circumstances that shape their choices.
    Some women choose to stay at home and look after their children. There are many reasons why they choose staying at home – They want be actively involved in the kid’s upbringing and wants to provide all the love, care and attention that is necessary for the well-being. Some of them wants to be present in their child’s milestones, and want to fulfil their needs. While some women have to stay at home because of some cultures where the women are expected to prioritize family and children and give up on their dream and career.
    But if a woman wants to go out and work, pursue their career, why isn’t it right? Why only men should go out work and pursue their career and why not women? Is it only the women’s responsibility to stay home and look after their children?
    The fact is that men have all the right to do whatever they want, isn’t it also their responsibility to look after their children? I feel it’s equally their responsibility to look after their children as women have. It shouldn’t be always the women who takes care of the children even they need their own time and space. Time to do something for themselves, something for their own growth and something they love.
    In recent decades, there has been significant progress towards gender equality and women’s empowerment. Once Michelle Obama said, “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” This is true a women can do whatever they want to do, women choose to pursue their career and balance their professional as well as personal life. They want to be financially independent and wants to support themselves and their families. They may find satisfaction in personal growth, professional achievement, and making a positive impact in their chosen field.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.