Get Inspired, Be Empowered Forums General Discussions Is Self-Love necessary for Us? Reply To: Is Self-Love necessary for Us?

Afshan Iqbal
Participant
@afshan
Helpful
Up
Down
Not Helpful
::

What is self-love? Self-love is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth. Self-love means having a high regard for your own well-being and happiness. Self-love means taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others. Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve.
Self-love doesn’t mean you think you’re the best and nobody can be better than you. Self-love means you’re the best in your own way. My definition of self-love isn’t supposed to be the same for others. We all have different ways of taking care of our well-being. I always believed that we need to know how to love ourselves in order to love others selflessly. You don’t need to love yourself in a way that makes you selfish. There’s a very thin line between self-love and being selfish. Never believe that being selfish is self-love. Self-love is when a person gives time to himself. When a person listens to his/her body. Self-love means accepting yourself as you are in this very moment for everything that you are. Self-love means learning from your mistakes and growing from your failures. Self-love means what you need rather than focusing on the world to tell your needs. Love yourself with all your flaws and the way you are. Self-love is when you don’t change yourself for people.
“When I say ‘embrace your weirdness’, it means embracing the things you don’t like about yourself. For a time, to me, that was almost everything. But I’ve learned to embrace all the things I find about myself if they’re good and even if they’re bad. After all, I fall in love with someone because of their flaws. And I’ve learned to love myself because of my flaws, too.”
— Cara Delevingne to Elle