Get Inspired, Be Empowered Forums Access to Healthcare Maternal Health A woman has the sole decision in requesting an abortion. Reply To: A woman has the sole decision in requesting an abortion.

Afshan Iqbal
Participant
@afshan
Helpful
Up
Down
Not Helpful
::

A woman has the sole decision in requesting an abortion. Definitely! Women have the right to choose whatever they think is best for them. It is a woman’s right to choose whatever she wants. Being able to make her own decisions about her health, body and sexual life is the right of every woman. The right to abortion is vital for gender equality. the right to abortion is vital for individual women to achieve their full potential. Forcing a woman to not abort puts women at a risk for mental health illness and many other health complications. Nobody should tell a woman to do what they think is best for her. It’s a woman’s choice whether or when to have a child or not. A woman is denied a life-saving termination because abortion is illegal in her country or stereotyped by society. It’s all about a woman’s right to choose. The right to abortion should be part of a portfolio of pregnancy rights that enables women to make a truly free choice of whether to end a pregnancy. The fetus exists inside a woman’s body and it is a woman’s right to decide whether the fetus remains in her body or not. Women need the right to abortion in order to have the same freedoms as men. We all should protect and promote freedom of choice. Let the woman decide what she wants to do with her body.

There is a quote:
“You’re not really mad that I’m not having children.
In fact, I would probably love to one day.
You’re mad that I’m expressing autonomy of choice.
You’re mad that I’m considering other options.
You’re mad that I don’t view that as my ultimate potential.
You’re mad that I dare be selfish enough to make choices based on my best interest, something women are not supposed to do.
You’re mad that I consider it a choice, and that I, a woman, am exercising choice.
You’re not mad that I’m not having babies.
You’re mad because I’m acting like a man.”
― Alice Minium